Saturday, June 5, 2010

I guess I jinxed it...

It's Saturday, day 8 in a row in the hospital and to be honest, it sucks. His white blood count is down even lower today, at 100. He needs to be at 1000 before they will let him go home. So more IVs of the good stuff that will make his body make more and more waiting. We woke up to the bad news of more days in the hospital so it's been a rough morning. We both understand the importance of him being here, but we're human so it understanding doesn't always make it easier to deal with. His mouth sores are kicking his butt and making it hard to eat. Eating had been taking the place of cigarettes so now that he can't have both, he is struggling. I can't blame him.

So after a little while of sadness. anger, and frustration this morning we listened to some music, prayed and read some versus from the bible. We are feeling better already. I asked the doctor here today if I can wheel Chad outside today to get some sun and fresh air and he said as long as he wears the mask it should be ok. Field trip!! I also brought Chad's MPC in here and he plans on spending time making beats today. I know they will be amazing... I'll try to figure out how to link them to the blog so you can hear them too.

Justice went to Lynchburg again so don't worry, we didn't leave him home alone ;) We miss him so much and can't wait to get back to our normal family life. But we know he is where he will have fun and he likes being there with his family so that's a good thing. He got to come by yesterday to see Chad and he got a kick out of wearing the "Michael Jackson" mask. haha He also loves the medicine robot named Gybsy that delievers prescriptions around the hospital. He likes to follow her around to see where she will go next...

I'm not even going to try to guess when he will get to go home from now on, no more jinxing it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chad and Adrianne. I'm very sorry to hear that you're sick, and I really hope things get better. I will be sure to keep your family in my prayers and wish for the best. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Chad W. has both of my numbers. I'll be thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad to know you are finding ways to a little inner peace in this time of struggle. Keep positive. So glad he was able to go outside for a lil bit. Know that more and more people are praying for both of you. God bless you.
    ~Steph~

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!!! This is Steve Pugh's sister... I am SO sorry to hear about your illness. I pray you find comfort in God's arms and allow his healing hands heal your body, and your soul. Through it all God has a plan and trust me, I know that at times it is hard to understand. I know Brother is sending his love to you also. He loved you very much! Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do.
    Love and prayers,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete