Monday, June 14, 2010

Code Atlas!! Code Atlas!!

Today is Monday June 14th and day 17 for Chad in the hospital. He is still on the slow drip of blood thinner and hasn't been off since Thursday. He had a great weekend anyway though, had some very close friends visit and his parents were here.

They are starting his second round of chemo today as planned. So he will have the blood thinner going in an IV in his arm and the chemo going through the port in his chest. His blood levels are good. The Hemoglobin is down a little again but not quite low enough to require another blood transfusion, but they will monitor this closely.

We have heard numerous codes called over the intercom while we've been at the hospital. Like code blue, code red, code rapid response. A new one we heard the other day was code Atlas. Chad asked the nurse what it meant and she told him it means a patient is having a break down, losing it, is very emotional upset, becoming a physical threat, could possibly even need restraints! That poor patient we don't know. We said a prayer for the mystery patient. :)
After spending all this time in here with Chad, I can totally understand how a patient can go "code Atlas." In fact, Chad is not far from a code Atlas in here! hahaha (kind of kidding but you never know) He has been so strong and positive and consistently strong in his faith but good lord, he's only human! It just really sucks sometimes and today is one of those really hard days....

So for those of you that don't know, Chad collects LP vinyl records - mostly 60s & 70s Soul, jazz, and funk. I'd love to get some for him to cheer him up. (Thanks Liz for the ones you found him last week!) He usually looks at yard sales and flea markets and Goodwill stores. Since I can't go out on the hunt for them myself too much right now, I am asking for everyone's help. Will you all keep your eyes open for records and pick them up if you find some that aren't too expensive? He normally doesn't pay more than $3 a record, and most are a $1 each or so. Even if it's just one or two records, he loves them all and they would make his day!

Wik's verse picks...
2nd Cor 11:23
"...I'm talking like a mad man - far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. Five times I received 39 lashes..."
2nd Cor 12:10
"For when I am weak, I am strong."

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear Chad is doing much better and had a good weekend. That is wonderful news. Contine to be strong and positive and continue to P.U.S.H (Pray Until Something Happens) We certainly can't have him going in to "code Atlas" LOL :-) I am so glad to hear that his Faith continues to b strong as that is best medicine you can have is:
    F- Focus on God
    A- Admire his wonders
    I- Implement God's will
    T- Trust the Lord
    H- Hallow his name

    God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear Chad is doing so much better :)! I will definitely keep my eye out on the vinyl records. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!! Love you Ad, you're an inspiration to so many :)!xoxoxo Amalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. A, Where should I send the records?

    Brett

    ReplyDelete