Friday, June 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Chad is HOME!! After 20 days in the hospital, he is home. Chad got to go to Justice's 5th grade graduation yesterday and him being there made Justice beam a smile from ear to ear. He was so proud to have his Dad there. Chad and I fought back happy tears the whole time. It was a beautiful day.

Chad went back a few hours later for his chemo treatment and then he came home for the night. The three of us just hung out last night and watched a movie. We felt "normal" for the first time in a long time. It is amazing how something as simple as watching a movie and eating popcorn with your family can mean so much. I will never take things like that for granted ever again.

Chad is receiving his last day of chemo in the second round today. Then he gets two weeks off! He will still be back and forth to the doctor's office a lot so they can keep an eye on everything but no chemo for two weeks. He is looking forward to some down time.
We plan on spending the weekend just being together and being HOME! I have a feeling this will be one of Chad's best father's days ever.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Adrianne! I am so happy to hear Chad is finally home :) Enjoy your weekend & tell Chad I said Happy Father's Day! Love you!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so happy about the news. This is wonderful. Thank God!! I wish him a very happy fathers day. I am looking forward to spending it next to my dad, and thanking God he is here with us. Love you all! Have a great weekend!!
    -Steph C

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blessing! I am so happy for you, Chad, and Justice! Love you bunches! I hope Chad enjoys his Fathers Day! I know he will. :)
    Love you!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best post yet! Oh we r so happy to hear that chad is home! Congrats to justice for his graduation and happy father's day to chad!
    Amanda & Rod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Father's Day, Chad! God's timing is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! So glad he is finally home. Please pass along my best wishes to him for a Happy Fathers Day!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete